Dr. Laura Muggli, Psy.D.
Dr. Laura Muggli has been practicing Psychology for over 12 years. She has been the keynote speaker at events in the U.S., Ireland, and Switzerland. She’s also been featured on radio shows and in the documentary, ADD and Loving It?!
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist in New York and Florida
- Offices in New York — Chelsea, Manhattan and Westchester — and Miami, Florida
- Visiting Scholar/Clinical Psychology Supervisor in the Department of Counseling and Clinical Psychology at Teachers College, Columbia University
Education & Credentials
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist since 2006
- Credentialed Health Service Psychologist by The National Register
- Member of the American Psychological Association
- Doctoral Degree, California School of Professional Psychology
- Masters Degree in Organizational Psychology, Columbia University
Dr. Muggli completed three years of Pre-Doctoral training in Neuropsychology at the San Francisco Veteran’s Hospital and the Palo Alto Veteran’s Hospital from 2001-2004. As a result of her training in Neuropsychology, she conducted research on the relationship between smoking and the associated cognitive deficits often seen in schizophrenia patients, which was presented at the National Academy of Neuropsychology in 2002.
Dr. Muggli completed her APA Accredited Internship in Clinical Psychology at the University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Medical Center. As a Postdoctoral Resident, she specialized in neuropsychological assessments and psychotherapy with adults across the lifespan.
Dr. Muggli’s background and experience provide the best of both worlds. She combines her study of Neuropsychology (extensive scientific knowledge of the human brain and its effect on behavior), with the interpersonal and relational aspects of her training in Psychology.
Besides her expansive credentials, Dr. Muggli provides a warm and welcoming atmosphere which allows her patients to feel comfortable and at ease. Dr. Muggli has a gift for meeting people where they are, showing compassion and empathy. She encourages her patients to accept themselves as she helps them navigate through life in an understanding and non-judgmental way.
When she’s not in her Manhattan, Westchester or Miami offices, Dr. Muggli enjoys traveling to Switzerland, practicing yoga, and contributing to various charitable animal rights causes.Contact Dr. Muggli